Washington State Convention and Trade Center
August 31st – September 2nd, 2007
- Amazing presentations, panel discussions and interactive forums where parents can explore the issues related to raising children who do not fit into society’s current expectations of gender.
- Excellent childcare for our gender variant kids and their siblings to play together while the parents attend workshops.
- Two picnic lunches for families to meet, socialize, and share experiences.
- Workshops for teens and older children throughout the weekend.
- “The Vagina Monologues” by Eve Ensler – Performance to Benefit INTRAA
- U.S. Tax Court Ruling Allows Deduction for GID Treatment and Surgery
- Obama Hires Trans Woman Amanda Simpson
Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.
–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966
- State Department Issues New Passport Guidelines For Transgender Individuals - Lez Get Real
- AG Kroger: Hate Crime Reporting Tool Gives Victims Privacy Options - Just Out (blog)
- Gender and politics: blurring the boundaries - Bay Windows
- Ain't I a Woman?: Transgender woman mistreated by local media - Weekly Alibi
Matt Kailey – Examiner.com
- Changes for Transgender & Transsexual Issues Examiner June 10, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania student insurance plan to pay for transition costs June 10, 2010
- Arrest made in murder of New York transgender woman Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar June 10, 2010
- Women get prison in murder of transsexual man June 10, 2010
- The murders of transgender women must end June 10, 2010