Friday, 07. 3. 2009
In November 2005, the City of Indianapolis amended its Human Rights Ordinance to prohibit discrimination in employment, education, public accommodations, and housing on the basis of gender identity. As a service to the transgender community, INTRAA has developed a brochure to help identify incidents of discrimination and to provide information to assist individuals in filing a complaint for discrimination occurring in Indianapolis. To file a complaint, please contact the Indianapolis Office of Equal Opportunity.
Since the City of Bloomington also prohibits discrimination based on gender identity, for incidents occurring in Bloomington, individuals should contact the Bloomington Human Rights Commission at (812) 349-3429 or by email at .
Download the Indianapolis HRO Gender Identity brochure (PDF 1.4mb)
To assemble the brochure, print it on one page, front and back and then fold into thirds.
- Transgender Hoosier and Her Supporters Bring New Era to Muncie Hospital
- Transgender Hoosier Alleges Discrimination at Muncie Hospital
- “The Vagina Monologues” by Eve Ensler – Performance to Benefit INTRAA
Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.
–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966
- Transgender activists face multiple challenges - The Associated Press
- Transgender ban remains in place in US military - Dallas Voice
- Speaker defines transgender - Murray State News
- Veteran Reveals Life As Transgender In Military - KGTV San Diego
Matt Kailey – Examiner.com
- Changes for Transgender & Transsexual Issues Examiner April 26, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania student insurance plan to pay for transition costs April 16, 2010
- Arrest made in murder of New York transgender woman Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar April 15, 2010
- Women get prison in murder of transsexual man April 12, 2010
- The murders of transgender women must end April 9, 2010