Monday, 06. 29. 2009
Join a Working Group
If you would like to get more involved, consider volunteering for a working group of INTRAA. Put your talents to good use. To get more information or to volunteer, please contact info [at] intraa.org and give your name, the best way and time to reach you, as well as which committee(s) you are interested in helping out with.
Membership, Community Support, and Fundraising
Assists with informational meetings, developing membership and organizational materials, membership recruiting, networking with other organizations, distributing member newsletter, developing community support materials, offering guidance and referral to community members, hosting fundraising events, researching sources of funding, participating in grant writing efforts.
Political & Legislative
Assists with developing issue-based literature, attending political functions, speaking to legislators, lobbying for passage of favorable state laws and local ordinances, networking with other lobbying groups, monitoring local political and legislative activities, and organizing political actions.
Education, Programming, and Research
Assists with information gathering and research into topics of interest, developing educational materials and programs, conducting education and training on transgender awareness and issues, and supporting the work and needs of the other committees.
Media and Public Relations
Assists with press releases, media coverage of events, website maintenance, events planning, speakers bureau, and advertising.
Finance and Legal Advisory
Assists Treasurer with financial operations and President with legal aspects of operating a 501(c)(4) nonprofit corporation.
- Transgender Hoosier and Her Supporters Bring New Era to Muncie Hospital
- Transgender Hoosier Alleges Discrimination at Muncie Hospital
- “The Vagina Monologues” by Eve Ensler – Performance to Benefit INTRAA
Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.
–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966
- DC Police's Disclosure of Victim's Transgender ID Questioned - DCist.com
- Human Rights Campaign Is On the Road to Equality - Passport Magazine (blog)
- Judge Orders Illinois To Issue New Birth Certificates To Transgender Litigants - Huffington Post
- DADT Repeal Finally Certified - Campus Progress
Matt Kailey – Examiner.com
- Changes for Transgender & Transsexual Issues Examiner April 27, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania student insurance plan to pay for transition costs April 17, 2010
- Arrest made in murder of New York transgender woman Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar April 15, 2010
- Women get prison in murder of transsexual man April 12, 2010
- The murders of transgender women must end April 9, 2010