Archive for youth
‘We are thrilled that K.K. Logan will have a day in court and that the school’s discriminatory policies can be challenged’ (Lambda Legal: Gary, Indiana) — Late yesterday the United States District Court for the Northern District of Indiana denied Gary high school's motion to dismiss a case brought by transgender former student Kevin "K.K." Logan, a feminine male who was barred from prom because ...
We are pleased to announce the first family conference for parents of gender variant and transgender children! Join us in Seattle during the 2007 Labor Day weekend as we debut the first family-centered conference for people raising gender variant and transgender kids and teens. Stephanie Brill, conference program director and founder of the Children’s Hospital Oakland support group for parents of gender variant and transgender young children, brings her expertise and ground-breaking work to our family conference. Gender Odyssey - Family ...
Bridge the Gap: Gender Rights / Human Rights, the 2007 GenderYOUTH Leadership Summit. The Summit is an action-oriented, three-day educational gathering of youth and students working to get gender recognized as a fundamental human right. The Summit will feature workshops and events such as the Gender Theory Institute, the 12th Annual National Gender Lobby Day, and screenings of exciting new documentaries. Join other academics and activists in discussions about gender stereotypes, gender and race in hip-hop, the emerging US ...
Tuesday, Feb. 20, 7 p.m. in Meeting Room 1B of the Monroe County Public Library Join PFLAG Bloomington for a program about the experiences of parents of transgender children. Two Moms of transgender children will talk about their children and the impact on their families. http://www.geocities.com/pflagbloomington/ [email protected]
The Children's National Medical Center through their Gender and Sexuality Psychosocial Program (formerly known as the Outreach Program for Children with Gender-Variant Behaviors and their Families) has published a booklet. Even though this booklet is primarily geared to parents with young children, several of the issues it addresses pertain to older children as well. Every parent, teacher, social worker... anyone who works with children should read. If You Are Concerned About Your Child's Gender Behaviors: A Parent guide...
Check this out. The editorial board over at IDS is supporting the trans kid up in Gary who couldn't go to prom in a dress. Stigma from above - Indiana Daily Student - Stigma from aboveIndiana Daily Student - This spring, Kevin Logan, a high school senior from Gary, eagerly anticipated prom night, that special night that so many high schoolers look forward to each year.
- auditions and crew recruitment this Saturday and Sunday for a benefit performance of The Vagina Monologues
- IUPUI Winter Drag Show
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner – all are welcome!
Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.
–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966
- McDonald's Manager To Transgender Woman: We Don't Hire [Gay Slur] - The Consumerist (blog)
- Salt Lake County eyes anti-discrimination laws - Salt Lake Tribune
- Conservative group eases its opposition to Salt Lake City ordinances - Salt Lake Tribune
- The Religious Right's Potty Paranoia - AlterNet
Matt Kailey – Examiner.com
- TransFM celebrates "The 13 Days of Christmas" December 13, 2009
- New discovery: gene keeps ovaries from turning into testes December 13, 2009
- Jenny Jones chooses Houston TG Center for 'Jenny's Heroes' grant December 13, 2009
- Florida McDonald's refuses to hire transgender woman, legal action filed December 13, 2009
- Khloe Kardashian's conflict: is this really a story? December 13, 2009