Archive for family matters
We are pleased to announce the first family conference for parents of gender variant and transgender children! Join us in Seattle during the 2007 Labor Day weekend as we debut the first family-centered conference for people raising gender variant and transgender kids and teens. Stephanie Brill, conference program director and founder of the Children’s Hospital Oakland support group for parents of gender variant and transgender young children, brings her expertise and ground-breaking work to our family conference. Gender Odyssey - Family ...
What defines a family in 2006? Join us as we explore today's families with a video presentation, art / photo exhibit, panel discussion and small group discussion. INTRAA Board Member, Margeaux May, will participate as a panelist. Presented by Indy PFLAG, Youth and Diversity, Indiana Equality Region 8 and Heartland Interweave.
Community Forum on the Proposed “Marriage Amendment” Political, Biological, Sociological, Theological Perspectives What are the ramifications and social justice implications of this amendment for all the people of Indiana? The proposed amendment: “(a) Marriage in Indiana consists only of the union of one man and one woman. (b) This Constitution or any other Indiana law may not be construed to require that marital status, or the legal incidents of marriage be conferred upon unmarried couples ...
The Children's National Medical Center through their Gender and Sexuality Psychosocial Program (formerly known as the Outreach Program for Children with Gender-Variant Behaviors and their Families) has published a booklet. Even though this booklet is primarily geared to parents with young children, several of the issues it addresses pertain to older children as well. Every parent, teacher, social worker... anyone who works with children should read. If You Are Concerned About Your Child's Gender Behaviors: A Parent guide...
- auditions and crew recruitment this Saturday and Sunday for a benefit performance of The Vagina Monologues
- IUPUI Winter Drag Show
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner – all are welcome!
Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.
–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966
- McDonald's Manager To Transgender Woman: We Don't Hire [Gay Slur] - The Consumerist (blog)
- Salt Lake County eyes anti-discrimination laws - Salt Lake Tribune
- Conservative group eases its opposition to Salt Lake City ordinances - Salt Lake Tribune
- The Religious Right's Potty Paranoia - AlterNet
Matt Kailey – Examiner.com
- TransFM celebrates "The 13 Days of Christmas" December 13, 2009
- New discovery: gene keeps ovaries from turning into testes December 13, 2009
- Jenny Jones chooses Houston TG Center for 'Jenny's Heroes' grant December 13, 2009
- Florida McDonald's refuses to hire transgender woman, legal action filed December 13, 2009
- Khloe Kardashian's conflict: is this really a story? December 13, 2009