We all have genders. We all have races. And we all have ways that we go about thinking about those things. Emi Koyama’s piece “Whose feminism is it anyway? The unspoken racism of the trans inclusion debate” addresses the specific issues of race and racism in the transgender community and transgender activism. This piece will bring a new perspective on both gender and race to the table.
This event is a discussion of the article, available on Emi Koyama’s personal website.
Refreshments will be provided.
- Transgender Hoosier and Her Supporters Bring New Era to Muncie Hospital
- Transgender Hoosier Alleges Discrimination at Muncie Hospital
- “The Vagina Monologues” by Eve Ensler – Performance to Benefit INTRAA
Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.
–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966
- Emotions run high at vigil for slain trans woman - Washington Blade
- LCC Drops Sexual Harrasment Claims Against Transgender Professor - WILX-TV
- Judge Orders Illinois To Issue New Birth Certificates To Transgender Litigants - Huffington Post
- Alaska Sued After Denying License Identifying Transgender Woman as Female - Christian Post
Matt Kailey – Examiner.com
- Changes for Transgender & Transsexual Issues Examiner April 27, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania student insurance plan to pay for transition costs April 17, 2010
- Arrest made in murder of New York transgender woman Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar April 15, 2010
- Women get prison in murder of transsexual man April 12, 2010
- The murders of transgender women must end April 9, 2010