Monday, 06. 29. 2009
“All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.”
- Edmund Burke, 18th-century English political philosopher
Help INTRAA advocate clearly to our local communities, our legislators, and our country with a clear, strong voice that says:
We do not accept discrimination.
We do not accept harassment.
We do not accept violence.
We do not accept murder.
We deserve the right to be who we are.
Roughly 150,000 transgender, gender variant, transsexual, and intersexed citizens live in Indiana. We are your mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, friends, neighbors, and co-workers.
We deserve access to the same rights and privileges enjoyed by all citizens.
Whether you are transgender or an ally of the Indiana trans community…
INTRAA needs your help and support. Please support INTRAA today and help to create an Indiana where all people feel safe and valued.
- Transgender Hoosier and Her Supporters Bring New Era to Muncie Hospital
- Transgender Hoosier Alleges Discrimination at Muncie Hospital
- “The Vagina Monologues” by Eve Ensler – Performance to Benefit INTRAA
Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.
–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966
- Emotions run high at vigil for slain trans woman - Washington Blade
- LCC Drops Sexual Harrasment Claims Against Transgender Professor - WILX-TV
- Judge Orders Illinois To Issue New Birth Certificates To Transgender Litigants - Huffington Post
- Alaska Sued After Denying License Identifying Transgender Woman as Female - Christian Post
Matt Kailey – Examiner.com
- Changes for Transgender & Transsexual Issues Examiner April 27, 2010
- University of Pennsylvania student insurance plan to pay for transition costs April 17, 2010
- Arrest made in murder of New York transgender woman Amanda Gonzalez-Andujar April 15, 2010
- Women get prison in murder of transsexual man April 12, 2010
- The murders of transgender women must end April 9, 2010