Sunday, 09. 13. 2009 – Section: Featured
Friends, we are preparing for the 2009 Transgender Day of Remembrance, to be held this year on Saturday, November 14th (see calendar). We need support in many areas from helping spread the word about the event to gathering flowers, providing refreshments, and taking care of the venue. Come on over to INTRAA’s monthly meeting on Saturday 9/19 at the JMCC, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer your particular talent or time so that we and everybody can make this the event it needs to be.
- auditions and crew recruitment this Saturday and Sunday for a benefit performance of The Vagina Monologues
- IUPUI Winter Drag Show
- Community Thanksgiving Dinner – all are welcome!
Each time a person stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope. That ripple builds others. Those ripples—crossing each other from a million different centers of energy—build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and injustice.
–Senator Robert F. Kennedy, 1966
- McDonald's Manager To Transgender Woman: We Don't Hire [Gay Slur] - The Consumerist (blog)
- Salt Lake County eyes anti-discrimination laws - Salt Lake Tribune
- Conservative group eases its opposition to Salt Lake City ordinances - Salt Lake Tribune
- Should State Pay for Convict's Sex Change? - ABC News
Matt Kailey – Examiner.com
- TransFM celebrates "The 13 Days of Christmas" December 13, 2009
- New discovery: gene keeps ovaries from turning into testes December 13, 2009
- Jenny Jones chooses Houston TG Center for 'Jenny's Heroes' grant December 13, 2009
- Florida McDonald's refuses to hire transgender woman, legal action filed December 13, 2009
- Khloe Kardashian's conflict: is this really a story? December 13, 2009